Who doesn’t love this popular scent?
The best part about a vanilla candle is the true versatility that exists within the standalone and blended versions of the scent. Whether you’re a man or a woman, vanilla can be used to make the perfect statement in any room.
So, where did it all begin?
Let’s dive right in.
What Is Vanilla?
In this day in age, you’ve probably used something with the vanilla scent in your home at least once. Grandma’s famous Christmas cookies probably have a touch of vanilla interlaced in the warm cookie dough batter. Not surprising, Vanilla candles are by for one of the most popular scented candles out there. Vanilla is truly everywhere but what is it really?
Derived from the Vanilla orchids, vanilla is a spice that is usually taken from the pods of flat-leaved vanilla. This is a popular Mexican species that many of us unknowingly enjoy today.
On the other hand, the word itself is derived from the Spanish word “vaina” which can be translated as “little pod”. Now that we know a bit more about what vanilla truly is, let’s uncover you first discovered this sweet scent!
The Origins Of Vanilla
The history behind the vanilla spice is truly fascinating!
Vanilla was originally discovered in the Caribbean as well as South and Central America. The Totonacs that lived on the east coast of Mexico are known to be the first group of individuals to cultivate their land with this versatile spice.
Then, once the Aztecs conquered the Totonacs during the 15th century, this vanilla spread was theirs for the taking! Similarly, the Spanish became accustomed to the incredible nature of this spice when they conquered the Aztecs that very next century.
The continued use and expansion of this pure scent changed the fragrance world forever!
What Does Vanilla Smell Like?
As you may already know, vanilla has a very sweet smell that can be identified by most people around the world. Vanilla Candles are an extremely popular scent that has consistently provided warmth and coziness to the homes of numerous individuals.
From the sweet treats you bake to the scented candles you burn, vanilla is a staple fragrance that can provide a calming sense of simplicity to any room.
What other man-friendly scent can go such a long way?
The Most Common Uses Of Vanilla
There’s no doubt about the fact that vanilla is easily one of the most versatile scents on the market today. Take a look below at some of the top ways you can use vanilla to spruce up the environment in your own home!
The modern-day ways you can use vanilla include:
- Baking desserts in the kitchen
- Repelling bugs around the home
- Creating vanilla-based dairy products
- Allowing your home to overflow with sweet-smelling goodness!
The incredible versatility of this incredible spice is simply undeniable!
How Your Health Can Benefit From a Daily Dose Of Vanilla
Once again, vanilla comes in to surprise the masses!
In this new year, many people are truly starting to consider their health and wellbeing a top priority. This fantastic truth directly correlates with our desire to discover the best ways in which we can do just that.
Not so surprisingly, a daily dose of vanilla can provide incredible benefits to your body, mind, and spirit.
Some of these health benefits include:
- Stabilizing your heart
- Strengthening your hair
- Decreasing your susceptibility to acne
- Reducing your anxiety levels
- Increasing your digestive health
Being able to support your mental and physical health while also enjoying the sweet scent of vanilla every day is a solution you simply can’t ignore!
I mean really… what can’t vanilla do?
Vanilla Custom Scented Candles: The Choice Is Yours
There are so many incredible options to choose from when it comes to picking the vanilla candle variation that truly speaks to you!
Depending on your unique personality, one of these vanilla-based scented candles might be just right for you!
- Baja Cactus Blossom -The more citrus-oriented hints interlaced within this scent are perfect for those who love candles with a fruitier fragrance. This candle also contains jasmine, lavender, bergamot, vanilla, and musk undertones.
- Cottage Garden - This candle delivers a breathtaking combination of rose and lavender scents that will send your nose into a floral frenzy. The slight vanilla undertones add a simple sweetness to the entire blend. The name truly says it all!
- Mayan Gold - If you’re more into the earthy scented candles, the Mayan Gold is perfect for you! With this fragrance, you’ll enjoy a combination of patchouli, sandalwood, clary sage, mandarin orange, grapefruit, and of course vanilla! This a truly a favorite manly candle.
- Paris Twilight - Be prepared to romance the night away with Paris Twilight! The tart cranberries, strawberries, and grapefruit perfectly complement the vanilla sugar, whipped cream, and warm amber on the bottom. Add the lavender, creamy heliotrope, and chamomile to the middle and you’re all set for a night in Paris
- Vanilla Cinnamon - You simply can’t go wrong with this classic combination! Vanilla Cinnamon perfectly blends together the sweet smell of vanilla with the more spicy flair of cinnamon to create a warm fragrance you can’t resist. A red candle would be the perfect color for this stunning fragrance!
You Can’t Go Wrong With Vanilla… You Just Can’t!
Vanilla is one of those rare scents that can be utilized all year round without hesitation!
KrazyKandle is the perfect place for you to go when you need to stock up on Vanilla candles for the entire year. The large selection of numerous variations will keep you satisfied with a perfect rotation of magnificent fragrances.
If you have a sillier personality, you’ll appreciate the spunky candle sayings that you can have customized to your candle. Even if you are more on the edgy side of the spectrum, our middle finger candle and skull candle are right up your alley.
The newest vanilla candle fragrances are out now so don’t wait another second to claim your own!